Monday, November 30, 2009

Class Review

Some people might think that in a class about watching movies you wouldn’t learn much of anything, but I think that you can learn a lot from this class. I liked how we watched movies from the past, and worked our way to more modern films. At first I didn’t like the sound of watching some older movies, but I actually enjoyed some of those movies. I think it taught us about the history of film and what film has turned into. You showed us some of the pictures from the Simpsons of them poking fun at some older movie I looked at it and never knew the message behind it until I watched the original movie. I also liked that we did get to pick some of the films that we watched, even though not all of them were the best choice. It was nice that we got to watch different genres because some of them I’ve never seen before.

I liked that we had some different options when discussing the movies. Whether it was the socratic discussion, a chat on moodle, or a podcast; I thought that it was nice that there were different options rather than just having a discussion every time. A lot of the time when we discussed the movies, we talked about virtue. I think that it is a good discussion topic to start out with. I also like that you made the students lead the Socratic discussions. It liked how we had to say something pertaining to the movie at the beginning of the day for role. It made me pay more attention to the movie and look for symbols and quotes.

I couldn't find your email so I just made it a new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment